Wednesday, December 7, 2016

A Winter Wreath

We are enjoying every minute of this holiday season. Our Christmas tree went up weeks ago and we are checking off tradition after tradition. We've completed several puzzles, a family winter hobby of ours, and checked out tons of holiday themed books from the library. We have welcomed an Buddy the Elf on the Shelf into our home and boy has he had fun. A blog post will most certainly be on the horizon on that venture. And baking is also yet to come. I can't wait to share the recipes I'm trying. 

But for now, I wanted to share this cute wreath I made, because I so rarely get crafty anymore. And this wreath is pretty cute. 

I've had these wreaths forever and I tend to just switch out the foliage on them each season to make them seasonal. Flowers for spring and summer, fall leaves for fall, and some kind of winter berry sprigs for the winter. But I've seen pictures of these cute snowman wreaths, and really wanted to try them. I'm sorry there isn't a picture for every step, but I promise it's as simple as it looks. 

I used two different sized wreaths, 2 sheets of black foam, a scarf, gloves, a heavy duty string or twine (to tie the wreaths together) and a heavy clear thread (I happened to have elastic, so I just used that) to tie the snowman clothes on.


First tie them together. Pull tight because they may separate a little from the weight once you hang them. It took me a couple of tries and a couple of different strings before I found one that worked. I ended up just using kitchen twine and it worked on the first try.


And next, thread your clear thread (or whatever you're using) and "sew" the remaining parts onto the wreath. I used the foam to cut out a hat and buttons, but I've also seen versions with no buttons. How cute and easy is this?




Ta da!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to leave a comment! As always, thanks for reading!