Monday, May 25, 2015

Summer Bucket List

I had absolutely no intention of doing a bucket list again this summer. Don't get me wrong. Last year's quest was a blast to complete. I felt like I had accomplished something by the end of the summer. But this summer, I just didn't want to feel the pressure to get so much done. And then summer vacation started. And all of a sudden, I just felt this need to start getting fun things done. No time to waste when August is just a few months away!

So I started the list of things to do this summer. And that's just what this is. A to do list - a guide if you will, of things I'd like to get done this summer. I'm not too stressed about it - at least that's what I'm telling myself. Even though I am planning lots of repeats of last summer, like the library's summer reading program, camping, and catching fireflies,  I'll limit the things on this year's list to new things only.

Here goes:

Things to do:
Turn living room into a fort
String maze in the hallway
Paint rocks


Things to make:
A rain stick
Fill up a nature journal (Using this one for inspiration)
Underwater Jello 
One of these stick crafts
Musical Instruments

Outdoors: 
Play in the rain
Go on a color hunt (like this one)
Explore 3 new hiking trails


Places to Go:
A museum (or 2 or 3)
The zoo
A waterfall
Farmer's market


Science:
Make it rain in a jar (Courtesy of Rustic Remnants)
Ice excavation
How Clouds Make Rain experiment

There will be much, much more of course, but I think this is a pretty ambitious list. Here's to the kickoff of summer 2015! Let the bucket list challenge begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to leave a comment! As always, thanks for reading!