Sunday, May 24, 2015

Lex's Piano Recital


In my last post, I mentioned that Lex was preparing for his first piano recital. That is now behind us and I could not be more proud. Lex has been interested in music for a really long time. He loves classical, rock, pop, whatever. He just loves listening to music. His favorite bands are Coldplay and J.J. Grey and the Mofro, and he can pick out either one when he hears their music. It's adorable. Eli can pick out Coldplay music too so I think he's right behind Lex in his musical interest.

So this past winter, when we were banished to the indoors for months on end, I pulled out the keyboard and let Lex play around on it. He immediately copied songs he heard and patterns that I played. I decided it was time to look into lessons for him. I did some research and found someone that would teach him Suzuki Method (playing by ear) until he was ready to start reading music. He has only been playing for a few months now, but he continues to work hard and loves to practice. Here are some pictures from his first recital.


Here's my little man all dressed up. 


And one outside just before we left. 


We were one of the first ones to arrive at the place so we could get the best seats (of course!). It gave us some time to get some "before" pictures. He wasn't even a little bit nervous!



There's Lex waiting his turn in the front row. 


 And then it was his turn. He confidently stated for the audience, "My name is Lex, and I will be playing 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star' and 'Honeybee.' First was "Twinkle, Twinkle," which he played alone.


And then he played "Honeybee," a duet with his teacher Ms. Clarissa. When he finished, he took the most adorable bow and then with a big smile, rushed back to his seat.


Afterwards, each student received an award. Lex whisper yelled "I get a trophy for playing piano?!?" It was so cute and he was so proud.


 My little man with his first trophy.


And my two little men chowing down on cookies at the reception.


And finally, I picture of Lex with his teacher. It was such a fun evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to leave a comment! As always, thanks for reading!