Sunday, August 3, 2014

Happy 5th Birthday Lex

Lex turned 5 today! We started our day with blueberry pancakes and sausage per his request. He has grown so big this year and has really developed his own personality and interests. He still love, love, loves anything computer related and also is interested in science and how things work. He plays outside all the time, loves bugs (most of them) and swinging. He loves to talk and talk and talk :) and introduce himself to new people wherever we go. He makes people smile all the time. Most recently, he has been saying to people (I mean anybody - total strangers), "I'm Lex and I'm 4, but soon it will be my birthday, and then I will be 5, and then I will have another birthday and then I will be 6 and then I will go to Kindergarten!" And then he feels like the person knows everything they need to know about him. 

Since he likes to talk so much, here are some questions I asked Lex so I could record his interests at age 5.

Me: What do you want to be when you grow up?
Lex: A pirate.... or a rocket.
Me: You mean an astronaut?
Lex: Um. Yes, an astronaut.

Me: What's your favorite food?
Lex: Oatmeal with blueberries and honey.

Me: What's your favorite snack?
Lex: Still oatmeal with blueberries and honey.

Me: What's your favorite thing we did this summer?
Lex: Went to Ohio

Me: What's your favorite thing to do outside?
Lex: Play on the tire swing and the other swing and the slide.

Me: What's your favorite thing to do inside?
Lex: Play with my front loader

Me: What is your favorite color?
Lex: brown and white

Me: What makes you happy?
Lex: Eli sharing with me (awwwwwww!)

Me: Where do you like to go?
Lex: To Ohio where my cousins live.

Here's a look back at Lex's past year:

 Lex's 4th Birthday


 First Roller Coaster ride - he loved it!

 We saw lots of things at the state fair.

He looked dashing during family pictures.
 and got really good at making silly faces.

 He got a new loft bed handed down from a cousin - bad picture - sorry.


One of many, many hiking trips. He looks so young in this picture! Must have been right before a growth spurt because he has really thinned out since then.

 Worked on riding his bike.


 He has gotten really good at making letters!


A very, very happy train ride at the zoo.

He's had lots and lots of t-ball practice in the backyard. Should be ready for the team next summer!

He found a ginormous icicle in the back yard (yes those are socks on his hands - the mittens were left at preschool).

Got really good at climbing up on the tire swing.

And then wanted to swing on it all the time.
He had his first dentist appointment - No cavities!
 And lots of fun in the sun. 



So we ended the day with a birthday dinner of hamburgers, topped with veggies from the garden and homemade fries. Lex requested a strawberry cake, and I'm proud to say that I made the most delicious cake from scratch, complete with chunks of fresh strawberries. I'm so proud of my little guy, who's not so little any more and can't believe that it's been 5 whole years since we brought him home from the hospital. I'm so happy with the person he's becoming.  Happy Birthday Lex!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to leave a comment! As always, thanks for reading!