Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Chopped Greek Salad

I absolutely love a good chopped salad - especially when it's made up of chunky vegetables that you can eat with a spoon. That's exactly what this salad is. It's chunky vegetables chopped into bite sized pieces, then covered with a red wine vinaigrette. It is so refreshing, and incredibly simple to make. From start to finish you can make the whole thing in less than 15 minutes.


 As you may or may not know (depending on if you're a regular reader), all summer I've been trying out old and new salad recipes and posting them here. I call it my Summer Salad Series.When I found this recipe here, I had to try it.  I will post links to the other salads I've tried at the end of this post.


Ingredients:
4 Roma tomatoes, diced
1/3 cup diced red onion
1/2 red pepper, diced
1 cucumber, diced
1 can chick peas, drained
1 can sliced black olives (optional)
Feta cheese to top (optional, but so delicious!)

For the dressing:
1/4 cup olive oil
3 T. red wine vinegar
2 t. oregeno
Salt to taste


For the dressing, simply mix together the dressing ingredients. Set aside.


Combine the remaining ingredients in a large salad bowl.


Pour in the dressing, and stir everything together. I also chose to stir in the feta cheese, because I like the creaminess it adds to every bite. Our little family almost devoured this entire salad the first night we made it. We all kept coming back for more. It was that good. If you're in a pinch for dinner, or need a quick dish to take to a summer gathering, this is sooooo easy and would be perfect.

Here are the other salads in my summer salad series:
1.) Grilled Corn Salad with Basil Dressing
2.) Watermelon Salad with Balsamic Dressing
3.) Cucumber Dill Greek Yogurt Salad
4.) Caprese Salad with Basil Pesto
5.) Southern Western Salad with Marinated Chicken 
6.) Three Bean Salad

Happy Salad Eating!


No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to leave a comment! As always, thanks for reading!