Monday, March 3, 2014

Spring Crafts


Today we matched a record low for this day in history of -1 degrees. We also have a layer of icy glaze on the ground which led to yet another snow day (our 9th this year). And did I mention that it's only March 3rd? "In Like a Lion" holds true this year.

If I'm being completely honest, I haven't really minded this winter. We've had enough warm days mixed in that it hasn't seemed so bad. I always feel a little cheated when we go through the entire winter with no good snow stories to retell. This year will be remembered as the winter with record lows and a ton of snow.

My grandma always says "spring will win," when winter seems to be never ending. So I decided there's no time like the present (a snow day) to break out some springy crafts in hopes of jump starting a little warm weather.

I found these wreaths on the clearance shelf at Walmart for $3.00. I also picked up the 1/2 yard fabric samplers for about $2.50 a piece.



I ripped the fabrics into 1 inch strips (I didn't measure because it's not really the kind of craft where exact size matters). Eli helped me rip and loved it.



I tied random pieces onto the wreath.



I didn't get a picture of it hanging on the front door, because like I mentioned, it's -1 degrees outside.


 

 
 I also took some longer strips and tied them to a string to make a sort of garland. If nothing else, it adds a little bit of color to our living room. Seems like we're ready for a spring party. Bring on the spring!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to leave a comment! As always, thanks for reading!