Saturday, August 24, 2013

Wrapping Up Summer

Oh my simple little blog, I had such high hopes for you back in July when I had outlined a different post for each week. Well... summer happened and here I am with a summary of what we've been up to for the past couple of months.

We had a couple of birthdays around here.

In July, Eli turned the big 02!

Eli's current favorite word is otay (okay) and his favorite thing to do is push his dump truck around the back yard. His favorite food is meat (Yes, I know that's a food group and not a food, but it really is his favorite).

 
 
 
Lex also had a birthday and celebrated the big 04. This is seriously a conversation that I had with Lex recently:

Lex: I need to play on the ipad when we get home.
Mommy: First you need to do your chores. Then you can plan on the ipad.
Lex: First chores, then play on the ipad?!?! That’s impossible! I need to talk to daddy.
Are you kidding me? His debate skills have become so refined that I often need to remind myself that I'm talking to a 4 year old. 
Here's a pic of his special day.

In mid July, we took Lex on his first camping trip with some friends. One night was the just right amount of time for his first trip. Here he is hiking with his friend on the trail behind our campsite.
 


We took a trip this summer to Ohio to visit family and enjoy some  much needed R&R. Here is my absolutely favorite picture from the trip. Cousins in a row. Can you guess which one is NOT a happy camper?  Since I traveled by myself with the boys on this trip, I became eternally grateful for 2 boys that are happy car riders. The secret was rest stops with play grounds to wear them out along the way.
 



We had some firsts and new things this summer as well:


A new tire swing in the backyard.

 
 
Our first successful little garden that gave us yellow squash, zuchinni, tomatoes, and several varieties of peppers. We are still enoying a regular harvest of tomatoes and already look forward to a larger garden next year.
 
 
Our first family outing to a nearby lake to check out the playground, camping amenities, and the views (for the record, we didn't camp - we just looked at the campground).
 
 
Our first trip to Missouri State Fair, where the boys enjoyed looking at the petting zoo and......
 
 
 Lex rode his first roller coaster like a champ!
 
Finally,
 
 
To end the summer, the boys began a new daycare center, and Lex started preschool.
 
It has been a great, fulfilling summer, even if I didn't get all the blog posts that I wanted to. I will try to do more frequent posts as we settle into a new school routine. With fall approaching, I'm eager to share my favorite recipes and some footbally party ideas. Go Colts! I hope everyone feels refreshed and revived from the summer months!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to leave a comment! As always, thanks for reading!