Monday, June 17, 2013

The Little Things

Today, Eli made it to the top of the playhouse ladder in our backyard all by himself. We've been working on it for weeks, because he watches his big brother, Lex, scale up the ladder with ease on a regular basis and wants to be just like him in more ways than one. This feat was accompanied by another milestone in which Eli drank an entire cup of milk, without a lid, without spilling a drop. This was another first. Maybe he could have done it sooner - I don't know. I haven't pushed those types of milestones like I did with Lex. I just happened to have handed him a cup without a lid, and he drank it like a pro.

Combined, these events made me long for slower days so I could sit in these moments a little longer. I think these moments are fleating by design so that you do appreciate them.

With summer here, I look forward to the countless days ahead of just sitting in the sun and watching them play. I love the way that boys run faster, play longer, and laugh harder in the great outdoors. It never gets old. Enjoy your summer and don't forget to enjoy the little things!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to leave a comment! As always, thanks for reading!